Carrollton Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you are struggling to pay your bills, bankruptcy may give you the financial freedom that you need to start over. At Van Pelt & Dufour, our experienced attorneys have guided thousands of individuals and families in the Carrollton, Georgia, region through their bankruptcy options and the process. We understand that this is a difficult time and a difficult decision. We will keep you fully informed and provide you with experienced counsel on whether bankruptcy is right for you. We help clients file:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Chapter 7 discharges all of your unsecured debt, including credit cards, medical bills, signature loans, etc. On average clients who choose Chapter 7 are debt free and enjoying financial freedom in just three to four months.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a debt reorganization plan. When you file Chapter 13, you are able to preserve many of your assets, and may stop the foreclosure process on your home. Under the plan, your debts will be consolidated and you will pay a manageable sum to your creditors for three to five years. After you complete the plan, any remaining unpaid debt will be discharged.
To learn more about your bankruptcy options, contact our experienced Carrollton bankruptcy attorneys.
Benefits to Filing Bankruptcy
The benefits to filing for bankruptcy include:
- Stopping creditor harassment: Filing bankruptcy will put an immediate end to all forms of creditor harassment, including phone calls and threatening letters.
- Stopping a wage garnishment: You can put an immediate stop to wage garnishment by filing bankruptcy.
- Stopping car repossession: You can put an immediate stop to car repossession by filing Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Avoiding foreclosure: You may be able to avoid foreclosure on your home by filing Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Don’t lose everything you’ve worked so hard to gain. We can protect your assets and income, discharge your debts and advise you on strategies to quickly rebuild your credit score. Contact our experienced bankruptcy lawyers today.
Douglasville Bankruptcy Attorneys
Contact Van Pelt & Dufour located in Carrollton, Georgia, today and see if a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is the debt relief solution for you. Call 770-884-6854 or toll free at 888-326-3403, or send us an e-mail to schedule your free initial consultation.