John T. Dufour
John Dufour has been serving the legal needs of the West Georgia community since 1996. He graduated from Carrollton High School in 1989 and Emory University in 1993. He received his law degree with honors from the University of Georgia in 1996. Since then he has limited his practice to the Workers Compensation, Personal Injury (including car accidents, truck accidents, and motor vehicle accidents), and Bankruptcy. John has handled thousands of individual bankruptcy filings, and has recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients in personal injury and workers compensation claims.
John is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the Workers Compensation section of the State Bar of Georgia, and has spoken at continuing legal education seminars on recent developments in Workers Compensation law. John has successfully tried personal injury and workers compensation claims throughout Georgia, and protects bankruptcy clients in Court every week. John is been fighting for his clients for 16 years, and will be your best advocate.
John is an active member of the community. He is a former member of the Temple City Council and the City of Temple Ethics Committee. John appears regularly as a guest lecturer at the University of West Georgia regarding Bankruptcy. He and his wife live in Carroll County with their two daughters and attend Midway Baptist Church.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers' Compensation 20%
- Personal Injury, Automobile Accidents 20%
- Personal Bankruptcy, Chapters 7 & 13 20%
- Social Security Disability & Supplemental Security Income, Adults and Children 20%
- Car Accidents 20%
- Georgia, 1996
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1996
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1993
- Carrollton High School - 1989
- Guest Lecturer, University of West Georgia regarding Bankruptcy
- Speaker, Continuing legal education seminars on recent developments in Workers Compensation law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation section, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Former Member, Temple City Council
- Former Member, City of Temple Ethics Committee